I started stitching ‘Little Red’ Gorjuss in September 2013 without the grid. As soon as I finished Monty & Binky , I grabbed my Gorjuss, did parts of the grid and dedicated hours of last Sunday on it, while watching my favourite tv series. How I loved seeing my ‘Little Red’ develop.
I started with the red cape, 1 color first then another. Then I stitched the face.
After a few hours of stitching, watching tv, doing the laundry and cooking, I noticed that I stitched the whole face 1 count higher. So, I unpicked it all and did it again.
Slowly, but surely, the mistakes started to unravel…
The red cape. I used the wrong floss for the second red colour. Don’t know how it happened. I tried to undo the specific stitches, but I found it too difficult because they are in between another colour. It must be wholly unpicked and re-stitched. In short, I wasted my Sunday hours – how frustrating!
Moral of the story : I shouldn’t be watching the tv while cross stitching. Especially not my favourite show.
As I couldn’t find my seam ripper (it has mysteriously moved out of my stitching box probably due to neglect or maybe my eyes were having a dreadful day), I decided to postpone my ‘unpicking’ task, and stitched ‘Little Red’ Gorjuss on a different fabric – DMC Impressions Fabric, Garden Trellis. I hope it’s not too dark for the design.
I’ve definitely learned my lesson. I will not be stitching while watching my favourite show, I’ll be doing the ‘unpicking’ instead. 😀