So far, I have been cross stitching without any proper plans, all random, completely unorganized, unscheduled. When I manage to finish a pattern, I am usually impressed with myself, incredulous, actually. Cross stitching alone in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia, can be a daunting prospect. Almost no motivation except from other wonderful cross stitch bloggers out there.
I wish to improve my cross stitching accomplishments this magnificent year of 2013 – and start to use up most of my cross stitch fabrics and floss. I want to cross stitch as many designs from my stash of cross stitch magazines which mostly, so far, have been sadly neglected and languishing on the shelves, catching dust.
So, I have chosen these cross stitch patterns/charts to complete (not necessarily in this particular order):
1. Tatty Teddy Story Time : The chart is courtesy of Cross Stitch Crazy Issue 155 (October 2011). This is a WIP that has been going on for months…. I am ashamed to admit. When I ran out of certain floss, I stopped and then misplaced this poor thing. Now that I have found it and replenished the necessary floss, I will resume this soon, yes, sooner than next month, and endeavour to have it framed within 3 months (before April 2013, do remind me please…).
2. Spring Cuties : The World of Cross Stitching Issue 186 has provided 4 sweet charts featuring Monty the Bear and his adorable pal, Binky. Can you guess who the designer is? It’s the hunky Adam Prescott, who created adorable characters such as Bentley Bear and Lickle Ted and has also worked on several well-known cuties such as Fizzy Moon, which I have cross stitched before. As a cute card has been provided, I will most probably turn this into a card and if I don’t lose my self-control, I should be able to complete ‘Binky & chick’ this week. The design was picked by my kids.
3. Farmhouse (MM 0953KL-04) from DMC Creative World – The pattern and most of the kit were my brother’s birthday gift to me. Nobody doubts my ability to complete this more than me. The pattern is twice bigger than my biggest WIP which I haven’t finished in months, that I’m afraid I will be overwhelmed and that this may be beyond me. Am I truly afraid? Nope! I am terribly excited, actually. I have started stitching grids on the fabric.
4. Forever Friends Birthday Bear : Also from The World of Cross Stitching Issue 186, I should finish this chart within 2 months, if it’s going to serve its purpose. But first, I need to convert the Anchor floss key into DMC…then find the right fabric, and start sometime soon… I am also fond of Tatty Teddy, but haven’t found the right pattern yet.
5. Cute Polar Bears : I am being overly ambitious here and also overly fond of Adam Prescott’s designs to resist this adorable baby and mama polar bears. I am so glad that I purchased The World of Cross Stitching Issue 186! So many wonderful designs!
6. Only if I have time to spare, and with only 2 WIP, will I attempt to stitch ‘Bamboo’ from Party Paws family. There are actually many other tempting smaller designs inside Cross Stitch Crazy July 2012 (Issue 165). Perhaps I’ll do the smaller ones.
7. This would most probably not make it this year. Just put it on queue…
But these Juicy Lucy Fairies look too delicious too resist during weekends.
8. Some Valentine designs, too lovely to resist from Cross Stitch Crazy February 2011 and 2012 collection.
Maybe that’s all the targets for this year, which may last till 2015…. A daunting prospect? Mere day-dreaming or, as we say it in Malay, angan-angan? I certainly hope not! Completing these wonderful designs would be something to look forward to.
- Precious Crafts